How can you make your school a more equitable place?
Student teams participating in Challenge 5280 attempt to answer this question by proposing policy solutions to solve social justice issues impacting themselves and their peers in their school community. Challenge 5280 is a bi-annual showcase in which SBOE, YAALL, and DPS student leadership teams are invited to showcase the student-led policy solutions and campaigns they are leading in their schools.
To qualify for Challenge 5280 teams must:
- Identify a social justice issue in your school
- Conduct thorough research to better understand the issue
- Propose a policy solution that addresses the root cause
- Develop a call-to-action to involve your community
The most essential criteria? The proposed policy solution must be student-led.
- Meet with community leaders, organizations, and institutions to help you design impactful policy solutions.
- Build relationships with students across the district facing similar challenges.
- Make long lasting sustainable change in your school!
Join us on April 25, 2020 for the Challenge 5280 Finale!
Student Voice & Leadership
The DPS Student Board of Education, enhances the performance of our schools by promoting student voice and leadership, building powerful relationships among students and between students and adults, creating a positive environment, and fostering our school and district goals.
Throughout the school year, Student Board of Education leaders engage in implementing change through Challenge 5280, a student leadership competition. Students develop innovative policy arguments to make their school communities more equitable, and, in turn, to advocate for social justice.
Subscribe to SVL Updates
1860 Lincoln St. • 9th Fl
Denver, CO 80203
Error: Access Token for svldps is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.